Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Assistant, the Administrative Clerk provides support to administrative services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Administrative Clerk promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Clerk works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
The key results have an impact on the execution of the CO administrative/logistical services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach strengthens the capacity of the office in the provision of administrative/logistical services.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of administrative and logistical support
- Provision of support to office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Provides administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Receipt of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), arrangements for shipments. Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions, drafting correspondence related to shipments/customs clearance.
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations.
- Support to staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents in accordance with requirements of the United Nations and national government.
- Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with CO SOP.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of files in Administrative Unit
- Checking vehicle logs and preparation of the draft vehicle history reports and maintenance plans.
2. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information on assets management, maintenance of records and files on assets management.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
3. Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to general administration support Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Prepare all relative to inventories (physical and electronic)
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Required Skills and Experience
- 4 years of relevant administrative experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency Spanish and working knowledge of English
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.