EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Position Title: Administrative / Finance Assistant
Position Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Position Grade: G-4
Type of Contract: Fixed Temporary Appointment (FTA)
Start Date: From August 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018
Important Notice: People interested in applying for this position must be Nationals from Honduras or must hold a valid work permit in Honduras.
Qualified candidates who are interested in the below position are invited to submit their written application, attaching a UN Personal History Form (P.11) and motivation letter (1 page maximum), not later than June 17, 2018. Application documents should be sent by email to UNHCR (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com ), including the reference of “ADMIN ASSISTANT UNHCR Honduras” in the subject field.
Due to the foreseen number of applications, only persons shortlisted will be contacted for an interview and a written exam.
- Organizational Context:
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative assistance to the immediate supervisor and/or Head of the Office to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative domain are properly implemented. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment in hand. S/he will receive regular guidance from his/her supervisor. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives. The nature of certain personnel/administrative tasks requires discretion and confidentiality as per UNHCR standards and practices. The incumbent’s workload and the assignments will remain under constant scrutiny and direction of the supervisor.
- Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Administrative Assistant is a position within an office/Division/Bureau that requires basic knowledge of administrative rules, procedures as well as operational standards of a UNHCR office. The nature of certain administrative/personnel functions require discretion and confidentiality.
The most typical functions may include:
- Maintain hard and electronic office files and records; classify and code material relating to a variety of topics;
- Search and retrieve office files, and reproduce documentation and background material for reference and action by the supervisor, as and when required;
- Receive, register, route correspondence and office pouch. Maintain a follow up system
- Draft routine correspondence, memoranda and reports. Format more complex documents by using the appropriate technology.
- Facilitate implementation of Personnel administrative formalities and processing of documents in relation to official travels, leaves and movements of staff. Support staff members with processing personnel-related documentation.
- Maintain office inventory and stocks of office supplies. Monitor the asset management track to ensure all admin procurements and disposal of UNHCR property are done and recorded accurately.
- Assist the supervisor to monitor and record expenditure/disbursement of funds.
- Following instructions from the supervisor make logistic and administrative arrangements for seminars, workshops, and briefings that may be required by the Office/Division.
- May regulate and monitor routine provision of services and/or shifts from providers, as and when applicable;
- Monitor office/compound facilities and equipment and in consultation with the supervisor take appropriate action to ensure proper functioning at all time.
Any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary by the supervisor/or senior manager in order to meet the level of the services in the organization.
- Should be available for missions to Central American Countries aas required, inter alia to attend trainings.
- Competencies of the Administrative Assistant
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Strategic Planning and Vision
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Innovation and Creativity
- Planning and Organizing
- Change capability and adaptability
- Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management , Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 3 years (for secondary education holder) or 4 years (for certifcate/training holder) of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications).
- Fluency in English and in Spanish; working knowledge of another relevant UN language is a plus.
- Desirable Qualifications and Competencies
- Good knowledge of UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to field office administration
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.