PROYECTO ASEGURANDO LA EDUCACIÓN – USAID
Descripción de la plaza vacante
The Regional Director shall provide technical and administrative support and expertise to the regional program offices located in San Pedro Sula. This position will serve as Chief of Party (COP)’s representative in the field, and as a significant liaison with other implementing partners, government counterparts, other donors, and any other key stakeholders.
Objectives and Duties
- Serve as the project’s primary permanent representative and liaison in San Pedro Sula and Choloma, coordinating project initiatives with co-management groups, GOH agencies, municipalities, communities, the private sector and others, as required by the demands of project implementation.
- Related to the aforementioned point, assist the COP and Technical Director to analyze potential and/or programmed technical activities, and define implementation and engagement strategies taking into account local context
- Provide follow-through assistance to activity implementation in collaboration with technical team, subcontractors and grantees.
- Coordinate with the Secretariat of Education on integrating school-based violence prevention efforts into classroom education and extracurricular approaches.
- Ensure network actors take on a leadership role in supporting the educational system to integrate primary and secondary school-based violence prevention, and secondary support services, into their institutional practices.
- Oversee the effective implementation of the project’s technical support functions in the region (M&E, environmental compliance, communications, education and outreach strategies).
- Oversee administration and operations of the San Pedro Sula office, coordinating with the Technical Director in Tegucigalpa. Responsible for ensuring high level of performance from local support staff on a daily basis, again in coordination with area-specific management from Tegucigalpa.
- Ensure that technical team logistics support needs are communicated to administration and operations team, and that locally provided support is adequate, timely and effective, including fleet management, and procurement.
- Lodging, workshop support, and logistics for both local staff and STTA consultants working in the region (safe accommodations, transportation, and adequate workspace).
- Work with the technical and admin teams to manage usage of the San Pedro Sula office and the organization of off-site project events, meetings, and workshops
- Provide input related to regional activities for technical, financial and other reports;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- At least 6 years of work experience with increasing responsibility, of which at least 3 years is in the areas of education and school-based violence prevention, in particular for USAID projects;
- Demonstrated ability to work with schools, local government institutions, the school system at all levels (department, district, school), network actors, teachers, parents, at‐risk youth and other vulnerable groups;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills, including an ability to interact effectively with government counterparts, local and community organizations;
- Knowledge on USAID regulations and strong finance and administration capacity.
- Spanish fluency and English proficiency required
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email their application to email@example.com with “Regional Director of San Pedro Sula Regional Office” in the subject line. An application must include a CV and a cover letter in English. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.