PROYECTO ASEGURANDO LA EDUCACION-USAID
DAI, a global development company based in the United States, works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. DAI has worked in Latin America since 1970, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including democratic governance and public-sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The Honduras School-Based Violence Prevention Activity (Asegurando la Educación) is a five-year, $20.8 million USAID program addressing school-based violence to support improved education outcomes and reduce violence in target communities. Through the Honduras SBVPA, DAI will support USAID/Honduras to implement innovations to address school-based violence (SBV) that impedes the delivery of education and use education and school processes to contribute to violence prevention in target communities.
The SBVPA team engages teachers, administrators, parents and students—as well as community members and national policy makers in schools and communities in the municipalities of Tegucigalpa, San Pedro de Sula, La Ceiba, Choloma and Tela —to reduce risks and protect students. By transferring knowledge of best practices from other violence prevention programs in Central America and by utilizing a targeted grants program, Asegurando la Educacion is improving schools’ ability to prevent violence, strengthen local networks that enhance school safety, and build the capacity of the Ministry of Education and other social protection actors to respond to school-based violence.
Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazan
2. ROLE’S PURPOSE:
The purpose of the Logistics Officer is to ensure, execute, support and supervise administrative and logistics processes within the different areas of the office.
3. OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
• The Logistics Officer will work with the procurement team, suppliers, contractors, employees and other parties, as appropriate.
• Coordinate public events of the project, such as openings, press conferences, fairs, forums and similar events, including but not limited to: create requests in the operative systems, create specifications, work with graphic designers, participate in the vendor selection, organize the events and coordinate with all the actors involved (school officials, government officials, project staff, private organizations, etc.)
• It will provide support in the design and delivery of campaigns in the area of communication and specific activities to support the technical objectives of the project.
• Support the Communications team with the public awareness and public affairs programs in the project offices.
• Responsible for the inventory of promotional materials of the project.
• Assist with project staff travel, such as: hotel booking, airfare ticket reservation and car arrangements.
• Responsible as a link between the Project and specific Suppliers
• Others as required.
• At least three years of experience in the area.
• Experience in organizing events, booking locations and managing details of events such as decoration, catering, entertainment, transportation, guest list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, among others.
• Experience with programs: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office package.
• Communication skills developed in a marketing or advertising company, or in the media.
• Negotiation, customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
• Experience working with national or international brands for your public events.
• A technical degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related area is required.
• Intermediate English level is preferable.
• Previous experience working with NGOs or USAID Projects will be a preference.
5. HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should email their application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Logistics Officer” in the subject line. An application must include a CV and a cover letter in English. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.