Position Location: San Salvador, El Salvador
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The U.S. Agency for International Development-funded Crime and Violence Prevention Project (CVPP) seeks to improve citizen security in El Salvador by working with the Ministry of Justice and Public Security, mayors and community representatives across 55 high and medium-risk municipalities. To achieve its objectives, the project works across three key components i) increasing the Government of El Salvador’s capacity to prevent violence and crime on a national scale, ii) supporting municipal-led, and community-based crime and violence prevention initiatives, iii) and replicating and adapting innovative crime and violence prevention models.
- Advise the Chief of Party and USAID on program and strategic direction of programming;
- Identify program opportunities and potential local partners;
- Manage, oversee, and report on activities implemented to the CoP and USAID;
- Ensure compliance with all requirements for activity development, recipient worthiness, activity implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and activity closing. This includes ensuring compliance with USAID and Creative’s regulations and procedures, ensuring that all procurement processes are perceived as transparent by beneficiary communities, assuring fair and transparent procurement processes, review of financial management, and monitoring activity implementation;
- Under the guidance of USAID and Chief of Party, contribute to the design and implementation of the M&E system at the activity level and ensure that all activities implemented are monitored and evaluated;
- Ensure the quality and completeness of information that is uploaded into the Activity Database and ensure that office staff use, maintain, and upload information into the Activity Database;
- Supervise local staff assigned to design and implement activities, both on programs and operations;
- Oversee operations related to specific activities, including logistics, procurement, budgeting, finance, and property management; and
- Identify new ways of achieving project efficiencies.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience working with a USAID Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program, and with some demonstrated supervisory experience;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working on complex, high-speed and challenging field operations in developing countries;
- Experience with OTI grants management, preferably in-kind and small grants;
- The candidate should be fluent in the USAID’s policies and procedures in regards to financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, and grants management;
- Experience working in Latin America is required, preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting; and procurement;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation;
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required;
- Excellent writing skills in English; and
- Experience working in the following technical areas required: crime and violence prevention, citizen security, community organizing, and urban development.
- Relevant work experience implementing programming related to violence prevention working with community groups and/or government institutions;
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff; and
- Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming ideally.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*6B970217DE70E684