Is a leading global institution, with presence in more than 30 countries, transforming the lives of 18.2 million people by helping private, excluded and vulnerable children, promoting societies whose individuals and institutions participate in the valuation, protection and advancement of the value and rights of children and enriching supporters’ lives through their support of our cause.
Our programs are aimed at promoting the integral development of children and youth by supporting their full rights and respect for the intrinsic value of each one of them.
To complete our work team we are looking to hire:
Title: Regional Advocacy and Communication Specialist
This Advocacy & Communication Regional Position is responsible for strengthening advocacy, policy influence and communication across the Americas region. The position is responsible for developing and directing a regional policy and advocacy agenda that enables ChildFund to advocate for the protection and fulfillment of children’s rights in harmony across the region. The specialist is also responsible for providing technical leadership and strategic direction to the Regional and Country Offices in close collaboration with the International Office Advocacy Team to better engage in advocacy, including supporting policy analysis efforts, communication and networking strategies, and linkages to regional and international agendas and movements.
This position also leads a visibility strategy and organizational positioning processes that expands ChildFund’s ability to influence policy, raise resources and support ChildFund’s engagement and positioning with the international development community in the region and abroad.
- 5 years- experience advocating for issues relevant to
- Children’s development with political and international development and humanitarian actors and networks
- Supporting field-based policy advocacy strategies development
- Prior experience leading a legislative agenda and developing networks of advocates preferably on regional issues as they relate to children
- Proven success in developing professional networks and collaborating with other organizations in the region INGOs, NGOs, donors, etc.
- Strong policy analysis skills
- Excellent networking, representation and presentation skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English and excellent verbal and written communication skills; additional proficiency in Portuguese is desirable.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally required .
Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Public Affairs or related field; post graduate degree preferred.
Interested persons must submit their applications by attaching the following documentation:
- Letter of Application indicating the interests that motivate to apply, their salary claim and availability,
- Resume, according to the predefined format that must be requested by email to email@example.com
- The deadline for submitting and sending the resume format will be until Tuesday 27, March
Regional Advocacy and Communication Specialist
All information received will be treated confidentially.