TERMS OF REFERENCE
Role: Program and Business Development
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
RIKOLTO, formerly known as VECO Mesoamerica (VECO MA) has been present in Nicaragua since 80’ and since 2007 in Honduras. Via the “Sustainable Subsector Development” approach, RIKOLTO in Central America contributes to making the sectors of cacao, coffee and vegetables more sustainable and to the scaling of successful practices, processes, strategies and policies that reduce poverty, increases incomes for smallholders and makes the whole chain and subsector more resilient.
RIKOLTO promotes more sustainable and inclusive food systems, through sustainable production and consumption, fair commercialization among smallholder organizations and markets, as well as the supply of healthy food to consumers, through 3 main strategies:
(1) Strengthen / promote a favorable institutional environment,
(2) Strengthen capacities of partners and allies for collective action and,
(3) Promote innovation.
RIKOLTO concentrates its efforts on promoting the strengthening of actors and multi-actor spaces and platforms, the construction of common visions and agendas involving public and private sector, knowledge and innovation management, the linking of financial and non-financial services and the positioning of Honduran products in national and international markets. One of our main interventions is the strengthening of sustainable and inclusive value chains in which young people and women are included and resilient in the face of climate change.
Taking into account challenges such as the increase of the urban population and the growing demand for food from these consumers, we promote the development of an intervention under the “Cities for Food Change” umbrella in partnership with the Municipality of the Central District (Tegucigalpa) and various stakeholders. With this intervention we promote sustainable supply of healthy vegetables to the city, from peri-urban areas, considering the adequate management of natural resources (soil, water, forest, biodiversity, etc.) and the reduction in the use of agrochemicals.
Our Mission: We are an international organization that promotes and generates opportunities and innovative solutions for the development of a sustainable and inclusive agriculture that contributes to a better quality of life for the urban and rural population.
Our Vision: Urban and rural families with equitable access to healthy food, through sustainable and inclusive agri-food systems.
- Open dialogue
- Ethical conduct
- Social justice
RIKOLTO is its people, we are an organization that lives its values. We believe in people, inclusion, sustainability and an open and constant dialogue to achieve transformations in food systems.
As of 2017, RIKOLTO is in the process of evolving towards a network organization, in line with new organizational practices typical of the Teal philosophy; an organizational model that allows to promote innovation and creativity.
Teal philosophy in organizations has as main principals:
- Self-management: A system based on peer relationships with structures and practices in which people have great autonomy in their area and are responsible for coordination with others. Power and control are linked to teams or functional cells that make their own decisions.
- Wholeness: Teal organizations invite people to recover their inner integrity, creating an environment where people feel free to express themselves fully, bringing unprecedented levels of energy, passion and creativity to work.
- Purpose: Teal organizations focus their strategies on what they feel the world is asking of them. People work based on roles that are constantly evolving according to emerging needs or appropriate to a particular context. The world, the opportunities and the talents of people are elements that define their contribution to the organization.
- The Role:
Profile and Experience:
- Professional qualification, knowledge and extensive experience in the subsector/value chain of cocoa, and vegetables (Knowledge about the coffee sector is considered a plus).
- Domain of knowledge management methodologies. (Knowledge of planning methodologies is considered a plus.)
- Strong capacities/experience in the facilitation of multi-stakeholder spaces: platforms, networks, committees/commissions, etc.
- Extensive experience in collaboration and relationship with public and private actors.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, agricultural economics, finance, marketing, rural development
- Experience and knowledge about professionalization (capacity development) and performance improvement of smallholder organizations.
- Knowledge and experience in inclusive business models and sustainable development.
- Experience in the inclusion of young people and women.
- Experience working in international and multicultural environments and working groups
- Experience in preparing proposals for programs and / or projects (at least been part of a task force group).
- Experience in fundraising.
- Strategic vision.
- Ability to understand, apply and adjust him or herself to global institutional strategies.
- Ability to identify innovative and relevant topics to leverage resources.
- Ability to interact with different spaces and actors, both public and private.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration among actors, negotiation skills and conflict mediation.
- Ability to Link smallholder organizations with Business Development Services and financing providers.
- Participatory learning approaches, capacity building in business development (coaching / facilitation).
- Ability to analyze context and opportunities.
- Ability to build good relations with different actors (private, companies, public, social, cooperative and cooperation agencies),
- High capacity of writing, analysis and synthesis.
- Has good listening and communication skills.
- Results oriented.
- Execution, monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects.
- Management of software and related programs.
Other attitudes/behaviors desired
- Strong affinity with the vision, mission and values of RIKOLTO
- Able to perform well in a self-steering environment.
- Leadership qualities.
- Proactive and highly responsible.
- Optimal commitment level.
- Ability to adapt to changes and assume new professional roles and challenges.
- Convinced of the added value of working in alliances with multiple stakeholders.
- Acts with integrity and respect others.
- Likes teamwork and collaborates to have a motivating work environment.
- High willingness to learn and share knowledge and lessons learned.
- Respects work commitments (quality / time).
- Precise and systematic and with good management of work pressure.
- Comfortable working with little or no supervision.
- Identified with principals of a TEAL organization (self-management, wholeness, purpose)
Strong knowledge of Spanish and English (oral and written) Intermediate to high level
All those granted by Honduran law in terms of labor and social security plus any other included in the internal work policy.
|Interested candidates please send a 2 pages CV and motivation letter including salary expectation to email@example.com no later than February 10th, 2018.
**Given the wide number of applications, RIKOLTO reserves its right to contact only preselected profiles**