USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program
Procurement and Supply Management
Central America Regional Project
JOB TITLE: Technical and Administrative Assistant-Honduras
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The program is managed by Chemonics International Inc. and implemented with support from its 11 partners.
At the country level, the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities.
The Technical and Administrative Assistant will provide technical and administrative assistance to the Resident Logistics Advisor during activity implementation at the national and regional level to support Supply Chain Management (SCM) strengthening interventions for HIV/AIDS in Honduras. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Collaborate with the Resident Logistics Advisor to identify and plan activities to strengthen the logistics management of health commodities, specifically the supply chain of HIV/AIDS commodities.
- Support the Logistics Management Information System strengthening at the national and regional levels, enabling the improvement of data visibility at the upper levels.
- Represent the project at national and regional events with the client, Ministry of Health, partners, and other organizations.
- Support data collection and aggregation to report on the logistics key performance indicators in Honduras.
- Assist with the preparation of project reports and progress reports on the development of activities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners to strengthen the supply chain of HIV/Aids commodities at the national and regional levels.
- Support the development, monitoring, and updating of the project work plan.
- Liaise with local vendors, and partner organizations as needed to successfully implement training and events included in the projects work plan.
- Liaise with the project management unit in Washington, D.C. and GHSC-PSM teams in Guatemala, El Salvador, and Panama for technical and administrative support and reporting.
- Develop and maintain basic administrative systems to ensure compliance with USAID and Chemonics policies.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the GHSC-PSM Honduras Resident Logistics Advisor.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum three years of working experience in supply chain management at a technical or management level (desirable in health commodities).
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry, industrial engineering, or information systems; Master’s degree preferred.
- Basic to mid-level background in the use of information technology and use of computerized applications for data processing.
- Experience working in developing countries and/or low-resource settings.
- Demonstrated skills assisting a team of logistics management professionals.
- Experience in managing client expectations and competing priorities.
- Ability to work with cooperating partners
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Ability to travel within Honduras to carry out field activities and potentially to travel internationally.
Level of Effort and Location
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract to be based in Honduras with potential in-country travel as well as regional travel to El Salvador, Panama, or Guatemala.
The Technical and Administrative Assistant will report directly to the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program Resident Logistics Advisor based in Honduras and coordinate with the Regional Manager based in Guatemala.
Fecha Limite: 23 de marzo, 2018
Email: Central America PSM email@example.com