NON-PROFIT EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION CENTER SET TO START-UP SECOND SEMESTER OF 2019 IS LOOKING FOR:
The Head Teacher will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of The Early Childhood Education Center in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. He/She will guide the daily planning of activities for the children, while introducing children from the ages of three to six into the world of organized schooling. He/She will use a variety of educational methods, including storytelling, creative play, songs, problem solving, self/group exploration, and formal instruction. Incumbent must be creative, open- minded, flexible, kind, caring, and supportive. Must easily communicate with children and understand their educational and emotional needs while being organized, patient, dependable, resourceful, and creative.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being the “face” of the Early Childhood Education Center in Tegucigalpa
- Communicating on a regular basis with the designee
- Overseeing Assistant Teacher and Cleaner
- Utilizing the Early Childhood Education Toolkit to guide the Center’s curriculum, assessment, and all other activities
- Conducting initial development assessments of each child and prepare a progress report of each child, to be completed on a quarterly basis and shared with parents
- Providing a wonderfully dynamic learning environment for the children;
- Facilitating children’s interaction with others
- Allowing children to be creative
- Cultivating a safe and caring environment where children can learn and grow
- Preparing daily lesson/activity plans to guide the children’s activities on a course for increased knowledge and abilities
- Ensuring all supplies and materials are available when needed
- Verifying through daily inspection of facilities, furnishings, toys, and equipment that children have a safe play/learning environment, both indoors and out
- Catering to the basic needs of the children – feed them, serve them water, and assist with their bathroom needs – in a comfortable and nurturing environment;
- Monitoring each child’s development progress; and
- Meeting with the parents of the children to discuss their progress and gain insight into how the child is developing/growing in their home environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish required.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with several years prior teaching experience and a degree in education-preferably early childhood as well as prior relevant experience in a related role in country and with some demonstrated supervisory experience;
If you would like to explore this amazing opportunity please fill out the application form at http://bit.ly/ECECenter by June 01, 2019. Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.