Performance Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist, USAID/Honduras Monitoring and Evaluation Support for Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (MESCLA) 2.0
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The USAID/Honduras Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Activity (MESCLA 2.0) project is a five-year project aimed at supporting and strengthening monitoring and evaluation of USAID development assistance in Honduras. The MESCLA 2.0 project will provide USAID/Honduras with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, learning, assistance in strategy development, activity design, and performance management support services in order to implement the Mission’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS).
The project will provide USAID/Honduras with flexible, demand-driven services, including assisting the mission with:
- Planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, learning and supporting adaptive management based on rigorous monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of USAID/Honduras development projects and activities.
- Facilitating and promoting Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices throughout the Mission, implementing partners (IPs), local organizations, private sector partners and local academia.
- Supporting monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) capacity building of USAID/Honduras internal and external stakeholders.
SI is seeking a full-time Performance MEL Specialist to lead the implementation of all tasks under Component 3: Technical Assistance in MEL to increase MEL Capacity of USAID/Honduras. This full-time position, based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
**Please note: Honduran citizens are encouraged to apply.**
- Work with the COR and other USAID technical staff to identify and meet MEL capacity building needs of USAID/Honduras, Implementing Partners, local organizations, government counterparts, private sector partners and local academia.
- Monitor and improve data quality across key USAID performance ance context indicators.
- Fully support DIS implemenation, uptake and ongoing use.
- Responsible for sustainable and measurable increased M&E capacity among USAID targeted audiences.
- Work closely with the CLA and Systems Specialist to ensure MEL capacity building fully integrates M&E and CLA approaches holistically.
- Ensure that short- and long-term monitoring team members (including M&E Specialists and field support staff) recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Provide guidance in the development and updating of performance management plans (PMPs) and the creation and management of performance indicator tracking systems/databases.
- Coordinate evaluation activities, advise on SOWs, designs, and methodologies, including data collection methods and protocols.
- Oversee quality of recruitment of technical consultants for evaluation activities, ensuring the appropriate technical knowledge and expertise on monitoring and evaluation related to their technical areas.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in statistics, economics, social sciences or related field.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in designing, implementing, managing and analyzing the results of development projects.
- At least two (2) of these years should be in Latin America.
- At least six (6) years of experience in performing monitoring and evaluation duties, with expertise in developing theories of change, results frameworks, and design and implemnation of monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Experience in knowledge management, sharing and learning. Familiarity with the USAID Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Framework is a plus.
- Excellent adaptive skills: flexible and risk tolerant, curious and creative, comfortable with ambiguity, uncertainty, and adaptation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (Level 3/4) and Spanish (Level 3/4).
Apply for this position through our Career website, here.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.