Chispa Project is a 501(c)(3) which began in 2016 in Denver, CO. Chispa Project’s mission is to spark a culture of reading through student access to books in Honduras. To date, we’ve donated over 35,000 to 65 different schools across the country.
Chispa Project is seeking board nominees with 3-5 years Board Member experience, and skills in at least one of the following areas:
- Finance/ Bookkeeping
- Marketing/ Communications
- Nonprofit Management
- International Development
- Latin America/Honduras
ESSENTIAL BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the organization’s mission, policies, programs, Board of Directors and by-laws.
- Required to attend at least 10 of 12 of monthly board meetings, committee meetings, and special events.
- Actively participate in one or more fundraising activities.
- Serve as active advocate and ambassador for the organization to raise visibility, fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission.
- Support the growth of Chispa Project by seeking volunteers, funding, and potential business partners
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings and volunteer time to participate in ongoing projects.
Bilingual, Honduran applicants are especially welcome!
This is a wonderful way to volunteer to help Chispa Project’s mission grow, grant Honduran children access to books, and become part of an international community that fosters a passion for reading and education. Interested? Please send your resume to [email protected]